What if

I am one of those people who always makes up scenarios in my head of things that will never happen. In some of these scenarios I imagine my funeral. I wonder who would come. I wonder if my brothers and sisters would stand there silently making amends for all the times that they were nasty to me (sitting grounded in your room for 10+ hours a day really messes with your head, because I'm positive that would never happen). My aunts and uncles would be there, and my cousins. My older brother might even drag his ass home from wherever in the world he's kicking it and come to say goodbye. His wife would be there, and Lauren. Maybe Carter would be there and think about the girl who he never had. I can blog-dream I guess, right?

All the kids from the gymnastics center would be there. They might shake their heads and say "that Payson was something", and want to cry, but they wouldn't. My obituary would be in the back page with the others, and I would want the song "When I Look to the Sky" by train to somehow be a part of it because I've always thought of that as a fitting funeral song. I always imagine that I would be buried in the same cemetery as my grandpa, but that doesn't make any sense since that was in Chicago. And I imagine how the seasons would pass, and that as they did, I would rise and fall in everyone's mind like a tide.

2 comments:

Al said...

I think you have been injecting yourself with too much Cortisone, it's starting to affect your thoughts. You need some SPICE in your life, kid. Sitting around in your room grounded and thinking about your funeral is less than productive- and that is a particularly depressing funeral image! Especially that bit about Carter. The guy sounds like a tool but hell, you're young, relationships have to start somewhere. I was in a miserable marriage for an extended, dull chapter of my life- it'd be hard for you to end up on such a dreary road. Anywho, my last tidbit of advice (which is probably worth next to nothing) is that you should stop worrying about how other people view you now, and start shaping their future impressions of you. Starting with this Carter kid.

Cheer up, buttercup, have some pancakes and VT maple syrup- always cheers me up.

Lexi said...

darling you shouldnt be thinking about YOUR funeral. i recommend thinking about others funerals from time to time. It really alleviates stress.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
At the dark end of this bar What a beautiful wreck you are

Followers